There is this game played on AbsoluteWrite in the Young Adult forum called ‘How Well Do You Know Your MC?’ Basically, you ask a question, the next poster answers it with one of his/her MCs, and then that same poster asks a question. I thought this would be a fun way for readers to know Amelia from When Stars Die more personally because I’m not about just talking about her in plain terms. That’s dull. So, instead, I’m going to throw up some of the questions I have answered as her.
1. Does your MC have a secret?
Amelia: I bear many secrets, one of which could get me and my little brother killed.
2. What’s the worst injury you MC’s ever had?
Amelia: The worst injury I have ever had are the welts the Mother Superior gave me
during the first trial. They stung for days and would periodically bleed. But I
don’t fault her. Such is the life of a nun.
3. What does your MC think about politics?
Amelia: I despise the papacy. Their iron grip on Warbele is the reason why hatred for
witches is so rampant. Yes, our Vulgate teaches us that we must hate them, but
the papacy is responsible for the witch-hating propaganda all across Warbele.
4. What exotic animal would your MC want if it didn’t violate any major sanctions or laws?
Amelia: I would want a snow leopard. They’re beautiful, graceful, and they blend well
with the snow, something that is common in my city. Malva is chilled a good
portion of the year, so a snow leopard would survive just fine.
5. What excuses does your MC give when they haven’t done their homework?
Amelia: I’m so exhausted from today’s deportment lesson. How can the nuns expect me to
concentrate on homework, especially because I also spent a great deal of time
illuminating manuscripts? I will take punishment. I am too tired to do this
6. Does your MC think about having kids one day?
Amelia: I do not want children because they will most surely be a witch like I am.
7. Can your MC swim?
Amelia: I have never swam before. Mother and Father believe it is not proper for a lady
of my status to do so, although I have known other aristocrats to partake in
swimming at the beach.
8. If your characters was a pair of shoes, what kind would they be and why?
Amelia: I would be a pair of heeled boots so I could crush anyone who tried to do harm
to those that I love.
9. Does your MC like to write?
Amelia: Writing is only necessary for communication within Cathedral Reims. We do not
dabble in writing for the arts. It is considered a luxury.
10. Would your MC push someone in front of a moving train to stop it from hitting a group of children?
Amelia: I would put myself in front of that moving train. Who is to say whose life is more valuable, that group of children or the would-be victim of being pushed in front of the train? I would rather die than live with any guilt.
You guys should try it, either on your own blogs or something. Have fun at it in the comments section, too, if you wish.
- Hypothetical Letter to My Number One Fan (amberskyeforbes.wordpress.com)
- Interview With My Book’s Character (thedancingwriterblog.wordpress.com)
- Interview With When Stars Die’s Oliver Cromwell (thedancingwriterblog.wordpress.com)
- The Inspiration Behind When Stars Die (thedancingwriterblog.wordpress.com)